What is Hacking Health?
eHealth Queensland is bringing Hacking Health to the eHealth Expo in 2018. Hacking Health is an exciting three-day event format which brings healthcare problems to multi-disciplinary and digital developer teams to create novel and innovative solutions. It is amazing what can be achieved in three days working in a facilitated and focused format that encourages the best out of each and every participant.
Who should attend?
- Healthcare professionals working within and across the health system with a problem to pose
- Developers, designers and data experts wishing to work in a constructive team environment
- Upcoming innovators and researchers interested in solving problems and building new business
- Business and subject matter experts willing to share knowledge and provide mentorship and support to the teams
- Patients, carers, consumers, healthcare service providers and other interested parties
We are very keen to incorporate regional and remote teams into this event with highlighted focus and follow-up at the eHealth Queensland Expo event.
With a targeted focus on problems and designed solutions that specifically address two key strategic priority areas for Queensland Health, teams will be judged on their ability to address and deliver value.
- Integrated care – projects that address integrating care across multiple practitioners, health services, patients, carers and consumers
- Population Health – projects that address regional population health needs and allow for specific solutions which are tailored to regional health or disease related needs.
Queensland Health will support teams identified early enough with appropriate data and data sets to assist testing and validating solutions.
All finalist projects will have the opportunity be put through eHealth Queensland’s digital innovation pathway, which could ultimately lead to a project being funded as a proof of concept or pilot in Queensland Health.